Interested in Agricultural R&D?
Want to be Perth-based & enjoy occasional regional travel?
Want to gain experience while studying, leading to a permanent position?
Imtrade Australia is a privately-owned chemical formulator and supplier specialising in crop protection products. Operations are based at our custom-built manufacturing facility at Kwinana Beach in Western Australia, supplying a comprehensive range of products via our national network of sales and distribution centres.
Expansion of our technical capabilities is critical to the future growth of our operation. To this end we seek to appoint a graduate agronomist who wishes to participate broadly in our business.
As an entry level position, an experienced agronomist will guide and mentor practical skill uptake closely in the initial months with greater autonomy as competency grows. Imtrade will consider fulltime, part-time and casual employment arrangements initially with a view to fulltime engagement. The role will ideally suit a final year university student looking to gain experience whilst studying, progressing to a permanent graduate role.
What Imtrade Offers:
- A technical position within a growing company
- High degree of autonomy
- Flexible working arrangements
- Support of further education and competency development
Graduate Agronomist Responsibilities:
- Implement the WA R&D trials program
- Peg, spray, assess and maintain trial sites throughout WA
- Provide technical assistance on agronomic issues to customers, resellers, research organisations and Imtrade staff
- Agricultural science/agronomy degree (or similar) current, or pending graduation.
- High level analytical skills
- C class drivers licence
- National Police Check
- Previous trial experience and a background in broad-acre cropping is desirable
Please forward a resume noting ‘graduate agronomist’ in the email header and a cover letter detailing what you have to offer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful candidates will be contacted to further the recruitment process.