Imtrade Australia operates a Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) laboratory recognised by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA), Australia. Registration in 2011 was preceded by more than 3 years of preparatory work as confirmed by NATA, and places Imtrade at the very forefront of pesticide testing in Australia in terms of both capability and integrity. Imtrade is the only GLP recognised test facility in Western Australia, and one of only two companies Australia-wide that also market pesticides.
Imtrade’s GLP recognised status provides for the conduct of globally acknowledged non-clinical health and environmental safety studies into pesticides, veterinary drugs, food additives, feed additives and industrial chemicals.
What is GLP?
Good Laboratory Practice is a quality system applicable to pesticide testing. The purpose of GLP is to promote the development of quality test data and provide a tool to ensure a sound approach to the management of laboratory studies, including conduct, reporting and archiving. The GLP programme is administered by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and is a global standard for ensuring the quality, reliability and integrity and traceability of data.
Benefits of GLP to Imtrade Australia’s Clients and Partners:
- Access to new pesticide actives and business partners
- Greater value to consumers by breaking multi-national control over strategic chemicals.
- Further product development and innovation efforts that have seen an international patent for the world’s highest loading glyphosate soluble concentrate published in May 2011
- Enhanced level of certainty and integrity in all of Imtrade Australia’s pesticide testing:
- Heightened product quality control
- Better user and consumer safety
- Stronger research and development
- Technical support advantages
For more information on Imtrade Australia’s GLP program, or from our extensive range of product registrations across herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, adjuvants, plant growth regulators and other agricultural chemicals, our contact details can be found on our Contact Us page.